Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Juice Fasting

I decided to do a 3 day juice fast. I wanted to do a quick detox and also just to see if I liked the juice.

This was my Day 1.

Breakfast
3 carrots
2 apples
1 in of ginger root

This juice was so yummy! I would drink it everyday. I really like how sweet carrot juice is and the ginger gave it some zest.

Mid Morning
1 cucumber
4 celery stalks
2 apples
6-8 leaves kale
1/2 lemon
1 tbs ginger root

I was a little leery of this one because it smelled like grass clippings, but it was surprisingly good. The kale gives it that smell but I would put kale in every juice if I could.

Lunch
4 plum tomatoes
1 large cucumber
2 celery stalks
1 red bell pepper
1/4 small red onion
2 cups parsley
1 lime

This juice was a lot like v8. I would have liked it a little more spicy so I would throw in a hotter pepper next time.

Afternoon snack
6-8 leaves kale
6-8 leaves swiss chard
1 cucumber
6 clementines

Again another winner with the kale. I couldn't really taste the swiss chard which is good because I was a little nervous about it.

Dinner
1 lg sweet potato
1 med carrot
1 red bell pepper
2 lg red beets
2 golden delicious apples
1 orange

I have never had beets and immediately didn't like the smell. They smelled like dirt. This one had a dirt taste to it so it was not good. I would have replaced the beets with some kale for the  next time.

Day 1 was a success and I thought I would be in the bathroom a lot but never was. Bonus!

2 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Sorry Staci...YUCK!

Staci said...

Of all my blog readers I thought you'd be the most interested in juicing Judy! Thanks for the birthday card too! :)