Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week One

So I started on Sunday. My first day was great. I wasn't craving that bad and was enjoying the diet. I got to the gym and got in my assigned calories.

Monday was great too. Diet going great and I started strength training. Let me tell you, strength training is where your whole diet/exercise comes together. I will blog on that more later though.

Tuesday was when the cravings started. I got a headache and felt shaky from the withdrawals. But, I kept on course and got to the gym again. I didn't get all my assigned calories (burned) in but planned to make them up on Wednesday.

Wednesday was the worst day. The cravings were horrible and I felt the worst. The first two weeks are the hardest but if you can get through them those icky feelings go away. I kept on doing good in the diet switching up foods for a little variety.

Then the worst possible thing happened! I was so looking forward to another night of strength training (my favorite) at the gym. When I went to get Reagan from school in the afternoon I leaned in the car to put Kobe in his carseat and I felt something slip in my back.

I kept telling myself, it's ok, it's ok! I can just rest it tonight and it will be fine by morning. I can squeeze in my weight lifting later in the week. So, I rested my back and didn't go to the gym at all.

In the morning I felt better. Then I lifted Kobe up. My back went completely out. I was in so much pain!! This wasn't pulled muscle pain, but nerve pain. Horrible horrible nerve pain. Again, I tried to convince myself that if I just rested I'd be ok in the morning.

After getting Reagan and Zion to school that day, I had to go to Roanoke to take some tests for a job. I had my dad help me get Kobe in and out of the car. I picked Zion up and rested the rest of the day. Jerime had to pick Reagan up from school.

Friday morning I couldn't even get up out of bed. It took me 10 minutes just to get on the edge of the bed. I could stand up but couldn't straighten up. My mom was already coming over to watch the kids for me, so I quick made an appointment with the chiropractor.

I was able to get in right away and she adjusted me and gave me electric shock muscle therapy (if you've never had it, it feels amazing!). I am still in a lot of pain. Today I'm able to get up a little, but by now I'm pretty much back in bed until morning.

I am so disappointed! This really puts me way back on my goal of finishing on my birthday. But, I am trying to keep going eating clean and will get back in the gym when I'm healed enough.

Poo. :(

1 comment:

Nog Blog said...

Oh, I can relate to the back pain and the impossibility it creates in just getting in and out of bed. It hurts! The recliner used to become my bed when I couldn't move from my back. Good luck, Staci. I'm feeling for you!